Press release

Response to COVID-19 Disease: A Message from CEO Ichiro Amimori

To our loyal fans, customers, and supporters,

In the face of the global spread of COVID-19, we are actively working on a way to contribute to society in accordance with our corporate vision of "e-skin makes everyone's life HAPPIER and HEALTHIER." Especially as one of our company goals is to use healthcare data for preventive medicine.

The downturn in the global economy (accompanied by various restraints on everyday life such as urban lockdowns and restrictions on international travelling) has had a considerable impact on all startups, which are funded by shareholders and investors, including Xenoma. This forced me to question the raison d'etre of startups and why they exist if they cannot financially function independently.

In spite of this situation we are able to continue stably thanks to our investors who understand the great value in detecting risks through big data and providing preventive care based on data without the need for a definitive diagnosis in the current acute care system.

We, a smart apparel startup, as a company that strives to contribute to society and the world, will implement the following in accordance with our code of conduct, which is "respecting the law and people", and at the same time, we will respond flexibly to the ever-changing situation.

  1. Since the Tokyo Metropolitan Government's request on March 25, we have responded by having more than 70% of our employees work remotely (while the remaining 30% are working on fulfilling existing customer orders) and refraining from business trips, etc. as much as possible.
  2. We are able to guarantee the salaries of all our employees in the midst of other companies’ corporate bankruptcy and dismissals. In addition, we will help maintain the employment environment by hiring two or more new employees by the end of July.
  3. While there is debate about its effectiveness, we will be producing and providing cloth masks to those in need (with the understanding of the limitations and risks of using cloth masks) with the purpose of preventing the spread of the virus caused by coughing or sneezing. This service is available only in Japan.

We will continue to fulfill our responsibility to society by always thinking about what we can do and quickly taking action in response to the various social issues that are likely to follow, not only the health damage caused by the new coronavirus, but also the economic downturn that will continue thereafter. We wish you peace of mind, safety and good health.

Back